ValueKnowledge LLC, founded in 2005, is an independent full-service provider of business valuation and financial advisory services, dedicated to meeting and exceeding our clients’ needs by providing a valuation process and result with integrity.
- Philosophy: We strive to provide efficient and targeted services to recurring clients. Each of our projects is managed by seasoned leadership. We provide value for fees and a high-level of responsiveness. Our commitments are meaningful to us. Our conflicts are limited.
- Clients: Our clients are primarily publicly traded companies, medium-to-large privately held enterprises, private equity funds and individuals.
- Referrals: We have received referrals from all of the Big Four to their attest clients, as well as referrals from business leaders and advisors to their clients.
- Capabilities: ValueKnowledge is a full-service valuation and financial advisory firm, including the valuation of:
- business interests for financial reporting, tax, and strategic purposes;
- intangible assets for financial reporting and tax purposes; and
- real and personal property.
- Experience: ValueKnowledge's leaders have years of experience in valuation, including 15+ years in the Big Four valuation groups.
- Quality: Our work product has been and continues to be successfully vetted by all of the Big Four firms, as well as the SEC, the IRS and courts.
- Approach: ValueKnowledge provides a high quality work product through a responsive, well-managed process, charging a reasonable fee for our services.
- Client Service: ValueKnowledge's senior staff lead and manage each engagement.
James A. Krillenberger, CFA, AsA
Senior Managing Director
Mr. Krillenberger has more than 25 years of experience valuing business enterprises, equity and debt interests and intangible assets. Prior to founding ValueKnowledge LLC in 2005, Mr. Krillenberger served clients as a partner in the global accounting and consulting firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers, as a partner in the Transaction Advisory Services practice of Ernst & Young LLP, and as a Managing Director in the valuation practice of Standard & Poor’s. Mr. Krillenberger has served as an adjunct instructor at the University of Notre Dame, teaching Mergers and Acquisitions for the Executive MBA program and Intermediate Accounting to undergraduates.
Indiana University - Kelley School of Business
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Duke University - Fuqua School of Business
Master of Business Administration
Accredidations & Affiliations
• Chartered Financial Analyst (“CFA”) designation conferred by the CFA Institute
• Accredited Senior Appraiser (“ASA”) as conferred by the American Society of Appraisers